Re: Printing from XP on FC3 servers (HP1010 and 2550 Printers) + NFS problem

On Monday 18 April 2005 12:36, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> Livhu Tshisikule wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have three FC3 Servers giving me some nightmares.
> > The machines has been working for a while without any hassle. HP1010 is
> > connected to host1 and HP2550 to host2 I used to print to both printers
> > from my XP boxes without any problem. All of a sudden I could not print
> > on HP1010 only from XP but from other Unix box it wasa fine. So I decided
> > to share the printers on both machines and it works for some time then
> > the HP2550 follows.
> >
> > On XP  --- Printers
> > HP1010 on Host1 USB Connection
> > HP1010 on Host2 Network to Host1
> > HP2550 on Host1 Network to Host2
> > HP2550 on Host2 USB Connection
> >
> > My third server FC3, has much bigger problem, it was also working for a
> > long time. Now I cannot connect to it from other boxes only pinging to it
> > works. the machine itself is up and running, I can browse on the
> > internet, ssh to other machines, mount other directories from other
> > boxes. Using lsof -i it shows that the services are running, sshd, nfs,
> > samba etc
> >

> what is your printing app? cups? samba?

Not. sure I have both cups and samba running on the machine. lsof -i show both
are running. To configure the printers, I used Gnome. I am also using samba
to share directories with XP machines but that has never given me any
problem.

--
Regards
Livhu Tshisikule