Re: Help Getting Root's email to recipient

Am Mo, den 18.04.2005 schrieb Claude Jones um 1:01:

> I'm not sure what an MTA is, but I'll keep this post to refer back to another
> day.  Logwatching is not something I've really delved into much, yet, except
> to look at my firewall logs regularly.

MTA stands for Mail Transfer (some say Transmission) Agent:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_transfer_agent

> > You say you don't get any mail any longer or just those from your
> > cronjob which runs every 5 minutes? Check your maillog if you miss
> > mails.
> >
> Mail services are working perfectly. The mail from my Hotmail account arrives
> just like before - all my regular pop accounts are working perfectly. The
> only thing that has stopped are those annoying 'activity reports' from the
> cronjob.

Isn't that what the ambition of out exercise course was? :-)

> Claude Jones

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 01:06:57 up 5 days, 21:47, load average: 0.47, 0.34, 0.25