From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Timothy Murphy
Sent: Sat 4/16/2005 4:40 PM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: FC3 Wireless "Profiles"

Chris Stark wrote:

> I'm not sure if this has been discussed to death or not, but I'm having a
> bear of a time finding any info on the topic. Is there any way in FC3 to
> create "profiles" for multiple wireless networks?
>
> I connect via wireless in 3 different environments (work, school, home)
> during the course of any given day, and all three have different settings.
> It would be nice if I didn't have to re-enter the WEP keys (or erase them)
> every day just to get connected.
>
> I've looked a little at NetworkManager, but I haven't been able to find a
> whole lot of info there either. BTW I'm a KDE user, if it makes a
> difference.

Do you realise that there is a Profile facility in
KDE=>System Settings=>Network
which is intended for exactly your purpose ?

Having said that, I've never been able to get it working properly.

I've tried NetworkManager, and been reasonably successful.
However, it hasn't done as much as I hoped.
I think success depends to some extent
on the card and driver you are using.

--
Timothy Murphy