Re: [FC3] Acrobat Reader 7 opens and immediately closes, that's it

VB wrote:

--- Kam Leo <kam.leo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 4/16/05, Yue Feng <2525275@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i have the same problem. need reboot to use acroread7 ?

2005/4/17, VB <vboyt@xxxxxxxxx>:

--- akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 10:51:22AM -0700, VB

wrote:

Anyone have the problem where Acrobat Reader

7

opens,

shows the splash screen for a second, then

Reader

closes?

I installed from the .tar.gz from Adobe's

website

twice and get the same problem.

I assume you installed using the INSTALL

script. Are

you using it in a
bowser using the helper feature or are you

using the

Adobe supplied
browser scripts to install as a browser

plugin?

Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.
San Antonio, TX 78212-7200

telephone: (210)-999-7484 email:akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx

Yes I installed with INSTALL script. I'm just

trying

to open Reader with the 'acroread' command.

I don't have any problems with Acrobat 7.  Did any
of you bother to
uninstall Acrobat 5?

Yes, I did uninstall Reader 5.