Re: Win4Lin Patch!

Am So, den 17.04.2005 schrieb bjjp@xxxxxxxxx um 15:27:

> I have read several posts regarding applying patches to the stock fedora kernel source.
>  However, when I try to apply the netraverse win4lin patch to the fedora kernel source it
> fails with hunk problems.  Has anyone else solved this problem or do I need to continue
> to use a generic kernel for kernel dot org.

> John

If your patch does not cleanly apply you will have to manually adjust
it. There is no other way around it when not using the source the patch
is made for. So have a look at the *.rej file when patching fails and
then at the original and patch files to see what is different.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 17:08:03 up 5 days, 13:48, load average: 0.14, 0.10, 0.09