Re: ACPI on Dell Latitude C840

On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 22:36 -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:
> --- Jean-Rene Cormier <jrc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 22:36 -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:
> > > Did anyone get this working yet, using the latest kernel (2.6.11-4)?
> >
> > I have a Dell Inspiron 300m and it's working for me, I had to patch the
> > kernel with a custom DSDT to get the battery charge monitor to work and
> > when I close and open the screen I have to switch to another vt because
> > the display is shifted like 1/2" down. Is ACPI not working completely on
> > yours or just a few things?
> >
> > --
> > Jean-Rene Cormier <jrc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Its never worked for me, but I haven't done anything on it since the new kernel
> came out. But anyway, so all you did was patch the kernel with a custom DSDT?
> Are there any instructions on how to go about doing this, anywhere?

This link should have pretty much all the information you need:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=122145

It was written in January 2004 so a few things have change since then,
you don't need to apply a patch to the kernel anymore, there's an option
for a custom DSDT in the kernel already. But if you use the FC3 config
files you'll need  to disable "Select only drivers that don't need
compile-time external firmware" in the Device Drivers/Generic Driver
before you can enable it.

--
Jean-Rene Cormier <jrc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>