Re: Trouble Installing/Updating Apps via CD

David Curry wrote:

Mark Sargent wrote:

Hi All,

I'm wanting to install the Development Tools pkg via FC3 install Cds, and do the following,

1. Run Add or Remove Packages
2. Check the pkg wanted
3. Then install and mount the CD asked for, but, get the following error,

:::::
Unable to access disk.

The disk was unable to be accessed for reading. Please confirm that it is in the drive and try again.
:::::

even though the CD icon appears on the desktop, and I can open the CD in a window. What can I try here..? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.

Add/Remove applications is broken - a fact that has been reported here numerous times, Mark.

Have you tried mounting the installation CDs, locating the apps of choice, copying the relevant rpms to hd, Su - to root, running the rpms?

Hi All,

oh, ok, I wasn't aware of that. Yeah, the thought of doing the way you suggested certainly crossed my mind. Was just posting for a solution. Cheers.

P.S. Anywhere where I can see a list of the tools(RPM names) of the the Development Tools..?

Mark Sargent.