Re: Need help getting clamav working

Bob Brennan wrote:
On 4/15/05, Saurabh Barve <sa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 4/15/05, Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Install them all at the same time:
>>
>> # rpm -Uvh clam*.rpm
>>
>> This bundles all the packages into the same transaction, where they are
>> able to resolve each other's dependencies.

>># rpm -Uvh clam*.rpm
>># error: File not found by glob: clam*.rpm

>>I'm smart enough to know I either need to have added dag's repository
>>(and key?) somewhere or have already downloaded the rpm files
>>somewhere. But not smart enough to know where or how. Or where to find
>>out, sorry.

-----------

Hi,

This will help you set up Dag Wieer's repository:

http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#B

That's the best bet yet Saurabh, thank you!

Here's what's worked (so far)
1. follow Dag's link to install apt-get
2. apt-get update
3. apt-get install clamav
4. service clamd start
5. service clamav-milter start

...and now all the config files and freshclam seems to be as
advertised so I can get on with testing and configuring.

Thanks again Saurabh, Paul, and Alexander (and Dag!)
bob

This thread got me to try and get clamav working on my machine as well.

I changed settings in sendmail.mc, and in /etc/sysconfig/clamav-milter. Here is the socket line in in /etc/sysconfig/clamav-milter:
'local:/var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock '

And generating the sendmail.cf file after making changes to the sendmail.c, I get this in the sendmail.cf file:
'Xclamav, S=local:/var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock,F=,T=S:4m;R:4m'

But when I did 'service clamav-milter start', I kept getting this error:

Starting Clamav Milter Daemon: clamav-milter: socket-addr ( local:/var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock) doesn't agree with sendmail.cf
[FAILED]

I don't get this. It looks to me that the path to the socket file is the same in both the files.

I then read this in a post on the clamav mailing list:

"
I had to modify this line in my /etc/rc.d/init.d/clamav-milter file:

CLAMAV_FLAGS=' --external -lo /var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock'
"

I tried this advice as well, but I still keep getting the same error.

Saurabh.