Re: NFS Mount Permission Denied

Tim Holmes wrote:
Good afternoon

I was just setting up one of my servers, and ran into a perplexing
problem.

I edited my /etc/fstab file and added my new mounts ie:

Srvfs-01:/home		/home			nfs	hard,intr

Then restarted the nfs service

When I type

mount srvfs-01:/home

I get mount failed, reason returned by server -- permission denied

I am logged in as root on the box im working on, and im just not sure where to begin trouble shooting this one

Any insights would be appreciated

What's in /etc/exports on Srvfs-01?

What's the output of "/usr/sbin/showmount -e Srvfs-01"?

Paul.