Re: cannot browse .asp pages

Henry Hartley wrote:

On: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 at 11:01 AM, Peter L. Hurd said:

I'm trying to download NVIDIA's drivers, but the page
www.nvidia.com/linux points to an active server page (ends with
.asp). Both firefox and opera really want to open this page with
a texteditor or wordprocessor. I think this is supposed to be a
file that is browseable, rather than supposed to be downloaded
and edited. How do I do this?

The URL http://www.nvidia.com/linux redirects for me in Firefox to http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux which comes up blank rather than trying to open in something else. In Internet Explorer, the page comes up as 404/not found. I think perhaps you need to start at http://www.nvidia.com/ and navigate from there.

I'm on windows at the moment, and http://www.nvidia.com/linux wants to download in firefox rather than just be viewed. I get redirected to http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux in IE, but it doesn't 404