Re: Cannot get sound working in Fedora core 3.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 08:08:33PM -0600, Olle & Susan wrote:
> Good evening.
> I am a Linux newbie. I downloaded and installed Fedora core 3 on my Sony
> Vaio desktop.  RB30.
> Everything works great except no sound. Browsing hardware does not show
> anything. ALSA says:"
> No sound cards found." Sound system apparently is Intel integrated, next
> generation. (Not a 8xxx  chip set.) Is there any way to get it working,
> or do I have to install a "real" sound card like a Sound blaster
> Audigy?  I would like to avoid this because
> I only have two PCI slots.  One is taken by my wireless card,  the other
> by my TV card.
>
> Any and all help will be greatly appreciated

First, run alsamixer and see that all the channels ar set at an
appropriate level. I assume you have relevant lines in the
/etc/modprobe.conf.

NOTICE:

-- THE ELEVATORS WILL BE OUT OF ORDER TODAY --

(The nearest working elevator is in the building across the street.)
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.