GPDF issue

Greetings, everyone.

I have a curious situation with the Gpdf application (gpdf-2.8.2-4.1) on my FC2 system. The work worked beautifully until just a few days ago. Now, launching the app from the menu (PDF Viewer) opens a window but the app hangs whenever one trys to open a pdf file. The same behavior is experienced however one attempts to one a file with the app. The behavior began immediately after using the app as preferred helper application in Mozilla to open a hyperlinked .pdf file online. Removing the app with rpm -e and reinstalling does not solve the problem.

Documentation for Gpdf indicates that it is basically a gui shell for Xpdf, but I haven't been able to find much else about the app such as a .conf file. I can easily live without the app, but do find its graphical interface preferable in some respects to Xpdf. Would appreciate possible pointers to a fix/remedy for Gpdf behavior.