having fstab-sync mount fat case-insensitive

Hello.

I use gnupod to add tracks to my iPod. When I do it says this:

warning: /media/ELIOT_IPOD seems to be mounted *CASE SENSITIVE*
         Mounting VFAT/HFS+ like this is a VERY BAD(tm) idea,
         strange things may happen... GNUpod may not work correctly!
         Please mount the Filesystem CASE *IN*SENSITIVE
         (use 'mount ... -o check=r' for VFAT)
         [Ignore this message if /media/ELIOT_IPOD isn't a
          VFAT or HFS+ Filesystem ;) ]

Thing is, I never use mount manually to mount my iPod. fstab-sync hears the HAL
event and mounts it for me. My question is, how do I tell fstab-sync to mount
the volume with the '-o check=r'?

man fstab-sync suggests I drop a file in /usr/share/hal/fdi/95userpolicy to do
this, and there are some examples of these files in /usr/share/doc, but I can't
see from the examples how to do this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Eliot Stock.