Re: K3B suddenly stopped working for me

Kam Leo wrote:

On Apr 12, 2005 10:56 AM, Arthur Pemberton <dalive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Since I installed FC3, I was amazed at how well K3B autodetecked and
used my cdrw drive. However this morning I've come, press for time, to
burn a cd, and low and behold it nolonger recognizes my cdrw drive.
>From my googling the best I could get was this:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-September/msg04333.html
However I could not see a resolution there.

>From uname i get 'Linux 2.6.10-1.770_FC3'.

What can I do to fix the prob for the next time I want to burn? I have
Windows just for games basically, but I never bothered to install buring
software in it, so I'd really like to get this fixed in my FC.

Do you still have an earlier version of the kernel install? If so, boot into that kernel.

Yah yum leaves all my old kernels in place. Any particular version I should try? or simply trial an error ?

Thanks