Re: selinux not enabled

Sjoerd Mullender wrote:
> I'm trying to enable SELinux on my FC3 system and I followed the manual
> instructions in the FAQ* (I don't want to use
> system-config-securitylevel since it overwrites my iptables setup):
> /etc/selinux/config contains SELINUX=permissive and SELINUXTYPE=targeted;
> I have touched /.autorelabel;
> I have rebooted (several times, not all of them related to this issue);
> and when the system was rebooting, there was no noticeable delay while
> the files were being relabeled and /.autorelabel still exists.  Also:
> # sestatus -v
> SELinux status:         disabled
>
> In /var/log/messages and in the dmesg output, I don't see anything about
> SELinux being disabled.  I do see the following lines (the selinux=1 was
> my latest attempt--it didn't change anything):
>
> # dmesg | grep -i selinux
> Kernel command line: ro root=LABEL=/ apm=off acpi=on selinux=1
> SELinux:  Initializing.
> SELinux:  Starting in permissive mode
> selinux_register_security:  Registering secondary module capability
> SELinux:  Registering netfilter hooks
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> *) http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc3/index.html#id2825232

Thanks to Stephen Smalley over at fedora-selinux-list I have been able
to solve the problem.  The only thing that was missing was a
# mkdir /selinux
Since /selinux could not be mounted because the mount point was missing,
the whole SELinux stuff didn't get off the ground.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and the interest.

--
Sjoerd Mullender <sjoerd@xxxxxxx>