Re: how to upgrade those package?

jim martin wrote:

yum update should take care of everything except
mysql, you'll have to
get those rpms from mysql

Travis R.

Sorry for posting in Fedora as I found here got more reader. Actually I am using RHEL. I found there is no yum in my RHEL. What -bash: yum: command not found

And when I type up2date -i yum, I could not find the
package on the net. How to install yum?  May I know
whether yum is only for Fedora? What is the different
between yum and up2date?

firstly yum can handle mysql fine ...mysql is a default application on most installs ....
anyway,

if you have up2date, you don't need yum ... up2date is for installing/updating packages on RHEL, typing 'up2date' without any arguements/options gives you usage list, so to install 'up2date -i program'
i believe the '-u' switch will upgrade, it also has such switches as "--upgrade-to-release=<release-version>"
Using up2date to isntall yum, is like driving to the garage in your car to buy your first car :)

Regards,

Sean