logrotate on FC3

Hi,

Has anyone else had any problems with logrotate on Fedora Core 3?  It
seems to me that the postrotate scripts aren't running -- the files
get rotated, but the files that continue to get written to are the
files that have just been rotated.  For example:

-rw-------  1 root root        0 Apr 10 04:02 secure
-rw-------  1 root root     1499 Apr 11 09:50 secure.1
-rw-------  1 root root     1028 Apr  5 10:45 secure.2
-rw-------  1 root root        0 Mar 20 04:02 secure.3
-rw-------  1 root root        0 Mar 13 04:02 secure.4

Even though secure was created when logrotate ran on April 10th, it is
secure.1 that continues to be used.
Restarting syslogd solves the problem.

Also, in my custom logrotate scripts, the same problem is occurring.

Kristina