Default Install Location and Netscape startup problem

Is there a standard lcoation applications get installed in FC3 similar to 'Program Files' in Windows?  Also, I installed Netscape and I tried starting it using ./netscape from a terminal.  The prompt goes away and it looks and sounds like Netscape is going to start but it does not.  I can get the prompt back after ctrl-c.  Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks.