Re: Sendmail

Gregory P. Ennis wrote:

> sendmail is a great module, but it takes more than forever to understand
> all of it, and a long time to understand enough to make a simple set up
> work.  I would strongly reccommned the 'bat' book by O'Rielly.  There is
> also a 'sendmail cookbook' by O'Rielly that I have found very useful.

The very fact that you have to read a book to setup email
suggests to me that sendmail is _not_ "a great module".
It is a terrible mess.

I reckon 10 sample sendmail.mc's would cover 99.9% of home Linux users,
so I don't think there should be any need to read a book
unless one is running a system with hundreds of users,

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366