Did the X11 update do this?

I have just returned from a trip, and had several complaints about
things not working on FC2.

My first assumption was that with the BIG X11 update that went by
a week or so ago these programs were now broken.

I told the users to try logging out/logging back in and seeing if
this would 'fix' the problem,- as they might be running with some
strange combination of X11 libraries, but this didnt help.

When I had time to investigate the problem, I found that the X11
update that ran about a week ago had completely blown away the
/usr/X11R6/bin and /usr/X11R6/lib directories, at the same time
was smart enough to remove the RPMS of the programs that were
installed there.  In any case, things like

	nedit
	xfig
	xpdf
	openmotif
	<others>

Which were previously in the X11R6 bin/lib were now gone, but
doing an rpm -qa shows that the rpm had been unloaded too.

Why would the X11 update REMOVE these other RPMS????

Now Im here thinking about what other programs might have been
put in /usr/X11R6/bin, and also have been deleted.

Not Happy.

					Reg.Clemens
					reg@xxxxxxx