Re: IDE disk problem

Bob R. Taylor wrote:

I purchased a 200G Maxtor drive for my Alpha which is not being
recognized by Fedora Core 2 (Fedora 0.9 Alpha). This HD is not my boot
disk. I have it installed as Master on the first IDE connector.
Not being familiar with IDE disks, what jumber(s) should be set? Could
the age of my mother board be a problem? What could the problem be? Any
help greatly appreciated!

Inferring that your boot disk is also connected to the first IDE connector, one might surmise that your boot disk is also jumpered as Master. Check the jumper settings on the back of each disk and make one the master drive and one slave. Most drives have diagrams stamped on the drive casing (or sticker diagrams) showing how to set the jumpers.