Re: Mailman/Python issues with SELinux

David Hoffman wrote:

On Apr 11, 2005 10:21 AM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This says that mailman is trying to run a python script that is
setuid/setgid and needs to override dac_protections.

Did you change your mail environment. These are definitely not rules
you want to add to your mailman. What
ever it is trying to run, should either do a transition or not happen.
Did you change your mailer?
A new patch to the kernel is coming to show the COMM line in addition to
the exe so that we could figure out
which python script it is trying to execute.

I don't think I have changed anything in my mail environment. Pretty much all of my mail server installation is done with out-of-the-box RPM packages, although I have done a lot of changes to my /etc/postfix/main.cf file in the smtpd_recipient section in order to get it to validate HELOs and reverse lookups, RBLs, Greylisting, etc., but I don't think that should have any effect on what Mailman is trying to do at 4:02 am.

I'll take a look at the cron files and see what I can find.

Thanks

Are any of those apps SETUID?