Re: retrieving a directory

BZ Benny wrote:
I all,
I deleted my project directory from the trash by error. I have no backup!!
I want to get back my work is there a way to do this?

Hopefully this teaches you (a) the importance of having backups, and (b) to be more careful when you're deleting things.

If you want help undeleting files then you'll need to say what sort of filesystem the data is on. Files on ext2 partitions can be recovered relatively easily, not so for ext3.

I trust you aren't using the same system for email that the deleted files are on? Each write to a disk on that system is potentially corrupting the files you're trying to recover.

Paul.