Re: Upgrading

Diego Ruiz wrote:

Dar all,

I'm planning to upgrade from Fedora 2 Core to Fedora 3, but I'm concerned about the possibility of loosing some programs (Octave Forge, Kile, and so on) that I've installed in my laptop.

Could this realy happen?

Thanks,
Diego

Well, presuming you installed them via yum/apt(any other package manager), you should be able to upgrade them to their FC3 variants, if you compiled from source, may require recompile.

I am not familar with programs you speak of in particular, however I have dont many FC2 => FC3 upgrades without problems*

*Apache acts up after upgrade, and must be updated with a couple of other things, bar that, all well - just means after upgrade do a 'yum update'.

Regards,

Sean