Re: bind problem

List wrote:
Weird. I have the zone entry for anonns.com binding to advanced.anonns.com as follows:-

;Begin of file anonns.com
$TTL 86400
@       IN      SOA     advanced.anonns.com. postmaster.anonns.com. (
                       2005040301
                       3600
                       7200
                       864000
                       86400 )

                               IN      NS          advanced.anonns.com.
                               IN      NS          brilliance.anonns.com.

                               IN      MX     5    advanced.anonns.com.

                                IN      A           203.208.228.152
ftp                             IN      A           203.208.228.152
mail                           IN      A           203.208.228.152
pop                           IN      A           203.208.228.152
www                         IN      CNAME       anonns.com.
advanced                   IN      A           203.208.228.152
brilliance                    IN      A           203.208.228.153

I am getting petty confused.

It's difficult to diagnose the problems from here (both my work and home machines, on completely separate networks) because I'm getting a lot of DNS query timeouts from your servers (brilliance.anonns.com seems to be more reliable at the moment). It may be that it's a network connectivity issue that's underlying your problems. Is it possible for you to get an additional DNS server on a separate network to act as an additional secondary for your domains? Both of your current DNS servers are currently on the same network, which doesn't help reliability.

The file above looks OK, though I'd be tempted to add a line:
$ORIGIN anonns.com.
at the top.

Paul.