Re: SW RAID 1 (install) problem on FC3

Michael J. Pawlowsky wrote:

Two things to look at to see if this is the case.

One... does your sync percentange in /proc/mdstat ever go lower than it was?

The next thing is to take a look at the SMART info on the drive.
Do a man smartctl... I can't remember exactly how I got the disk to perform the full test and report it.

For a complete test , do smartctl -t long /device .. After the time mentioned by smartclt , use smartclt -a /device to see the results...
The results are a bit cryptic , but keep an eye on the columns marked "pre-failure" , since those are the ones that you should really worry about..
Also , if the disk shows too many failure reports , it's probably in need of replacement...

--
Pedro Macedo