network stalls on Fedora Core 3

Folks,

I am encountering a random problem where network (100BaseT ethernet) connections stall when downloading files. I first noticed a problem when updating my system using up2date. I discovered the update process would hang.

I am now seeing the network stalling when I am downloading a large file, roughly 41MB, using scp. The point at which it stalls is random and it doesn't always stall (but it usually does.) When it stalls, it usually stalls after 20-30MB have been transferred.

I have Fedora Core 3 installed. I had originally installed Fedora Core 2 and upgraded to 3.

I have already tried the following:

- different network cable
- different port on the switch
- different network card, including a different type of card

I even changed out the mouse from a ps/2 to a USB.

Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to correct would be really appreciated. Or ideas on where to look for troubleshooting ideas.

Thanks,
Keith

-- ----------------------------------------------------------------- Keith Fetterman 206-780-5670 Mariner Supply, Inc. kfetterman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.go2marine.com