Re: which webcam

Brian Fahrlander wrote:

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 08:27 +0200, Eric Tanguy wrote:

So which usb webcam is natively supported by fc3 or will be supported by
fc4 ?

Probably everything that was available for FC3+more...but I know for a fact that the Creative Webcam3 (not the 'go' model) works right out of the box. In fact, I tried installing it on a Windows machine and gave up after 3h; I wasted almost an hour installing it on Linux 'cause I didn't know which module to modprobe....but now FC3+ load it automagically.

And then there are several levels where webacms are supported or not supported. For example I got webcam messenger to work on FC3 sort of but have not yet found any application that actually works with it the way I want. I can "preview" my handsome face but I can not get any capture software to capture it to disk in sane format.

One quite nice but out of date presentation for suppor/no support can be found:
http://www.cs.umu.se/~c00ahs/exjobb/linuxcams.html