Re: xinetd.d listening twice on port 69

Andy Green wrote:

Hi All,

well, well, well, think I may have found the culprit,

[root@localhost tftp]# cat /etc/xinetd.conf
#
# Simple configuration file for xinetd
#
# Some defaults, and include /etc/xinetd.d/

defaults
{
       instances               = 60
       log_type                = SYSLOG authpriv
       log_on_success          = HOST PID
       log_on_failure          = HOST
       cps                     = 25 30
}

includedir /etc/xinetd.d

service tftp
{
socket_type = dgram
protocol = udp
wait = yes
user = root
server = /usr/bin/tftp
server_args = -c -s /tftpboot
disable = no
per_source = 11
cps = 100 2
}
Ok, now, how does that get there..? I certainly didn't put it there. Is it put there by default by another process..? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.