Re: Backing up Evolution emails and account information

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 09:17 -0400, jim lawrence wrote:

I believe you can copy the .evolution folder  from your home directory
this folder has everything for evolution pertaining to your account

Nope. Passwords and some other info are stored by gconf-something. Check
the archives [1] for an older thread in which I participated and where a
couple of people explained it well. But you need to back up two things,
the .evolution directory and an exported set of stuff from gconf-
something.

[1] Check the archives for both fedora-list and fedora-test-list. And
please, use MARC (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com) to save your sanity...
the Red Hat archives are useless.

How about this: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-October/msg02660.html

Which was the first hit on this search:
http://www.google.com/search?q=evolution+backup+fedora-list+gconf

It's not the thread you were referring to but it does appear to have an answer.

Paul.