Re: [FC3] Sites 'disappearing' from DNS

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 23:36 +0200, Jean Francois Martinez wrote:
> What could be happenning is that your ISP is rotating his machines on
> DNS and sending your notifications through DHCP.  But you have a static
> configuration for named so it is pointing at machines who for some
> reason don't have up to date data.  You have to read the DHCP
> documentation in order for it updating your named config, and, very
> important, firewall config and then restarting both.

    No, I'm on a static IP, and the problem was two different
applications not sharing the same information- "host" could find it in a
flash, but Firefox wouldn't...even immediately after it.

    Thankfully, "ncsd -i host" on the command line nailed it.

    Thanks, though!

--
Those who entrust life and limb to Microsoft deserve neither. -Me, 2005
Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad