Re: isolinux

azeem ahmad wrote:
what i want to do is to make my harddisk bootable which contains FC3 iso images. i want to install FC3 but i dont know how to boot this harddisk which contains that images. and also i dont want to boot with folppy, cdrom or etc.
what do u suggest now?? extlinux??

Sorry about the previous reply, accidentally sent before I'd finished writing it.

What you need to do is to set up your hard disk to boot the same kernel and initrd that the installer uses. You don't actually need isolinux to do this.

If you have the install ISOs on an ext2 partition, you can use the vmlinuz and initrd.img from http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/isolinux/ (which are the same as the ones on the first FC3 CD) and put them in the same partition. You can then use your favourite bootloader (grub, LILO, extlinux) to configure the disk to boot this kernel and initrd; you may wish to provide a number of options like the FC3 installer does, as specified in the isolinux.cfg file in the same directory at download.fedora.redhat.com.

P.S. Please don't top-post on this mailing list.

Paul.