Need LVM help.

I am trying to help a person who has a system with two 250G hard disks
(non-SCSI). He would like to use the two disks (or partitions from the
two disks) as a single LVM volume. Now I have read the HOWTO for LVM
but I am still confused. The answers to some questions would be
helpful. We are using FC3.

If the disks are partitioned as follows:
/dev/hda
	/dev/hda1 -> /boot
	/dev/hda2 -> /swap
	/dev/hda3 ->  ?
/dev/hdb
        /dev/hdb1 ->  ?

I have tried to create the LVM volumes using disk druid.

What we would like to do is combine /dev/hda3 and /hdb1 into a logical
volume. Does that make sense as a goal? I assume that the Logical
Volume could be mounted at /

Now the real questions?
/dev/hda3 and /dev/hdb1 have been set to type 8e by disk druid.

1. How does the reference to the Logical volume appear in grub.conf? Does
the device.map deal with this?

2. How does the reference to the logical volume appear in fstab?

3. Can the Fedora 3 rescue disk deal with a system with this
structure? Can it mount the Logical Volume? Again how do I refer to it
in the mount arguments?

4. And am I completely off base with my questions, since I suspect
that I really don't know what I am doing?
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.