Re: Notes on a Fedora Core 3 fresh installation

Victor Marquez said the following on 01/04/2005 19:45:
On Apr 1, 2005 4:09 AM, Antonio Montagnani <anto.montagnani@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Due to unrecoverable errors on the file system (at least I didn't know

<text removed>

2) after re-installation and transfer of the same configuration files
(same iptables, samba) from my back-up machine, magically the Network
Server started to work and now I can surf any shared Windows folder on
other PCs.Any clue???

you are magical! Remember me this guy from "The Green Mile" movie.

hehehe sorry to list members, I could'nt resist

What is your added value, wizard??? it seeems that Network server is a common problem when you try to see files in a shared Windows folder (that is a standard situation in a office....where Windows is most part of a network)
What I forgot to say that my previous FC3 installation was un upgrade from FC1/FC2, and I am still having similar troubles in an upgraded machine (fully updated..)

--
 Antonio
Mail by Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.2 Websurfing by Mozilla Firefox 1.0

Posta con Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.2 Navigazione con Mozilla Firefox 1.0
http://start.mozilla.org/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:it-IT:official
        Linux user number 362582
  Skype user antoniomontag (telephone on TCP/IP)