Re: xorg-x11-6.8.2-1.FC3.13 appears to not like multiprocessors

Seth Alford <setha@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a dual processor Dell Precision 650. As of today, X will freezes shortly after it starts, but, only with the second processor
enabled. If I go into the BIOS, and disable the second processor, then X works. If I re-enable the second processor, X freezes again.

We have several Dell Precision WorkStations, and I see this problem on exactly 1 machine so far (Dell Precision 450, dual hyperthreading Xeons). (User logs in using either GNOME oder KDE - machine freezes, power off/on cycle necessary). Because these are production machines I did not try to disable SMP but reinstalled the previous xorg-x11 RPMs and the problem went away. Our other machines with identical hardware don't seem to be affected - strange. -- -Micha Neef-