Re: top posting, HTML posting and "the closer"

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Thomas Cameron wrote:

So I guess there's no room for tolerance of other people's
preferences?  I mean, really - is it *that* hard to follow a thread
that is top-posted?  Is it *really* worth getting so worked up over?

argh.  using *exactly* that same logic, i can turn around and ask, is
there no room for people to adjust to fit the standard operating
behaviour of the list?  is it *that* hard to configure your mailer to
do the right thing?  is it *really* worth getting so worked up over

actually yes... those that happen to be using MS Lookout or Lookout Xpress have no way of configuring their client to bottom post - that must be done manaully. I've done some research on this and found that to the message almost each time I've come across a top-posted reply the sender is using one of the two afore mentioned M$ email clients. Hotmail does the same thing. not sure about Yahoo webmail.

--
Mark
Linux User Since 1996