Re: Wireless connectivity - was resolved, then unresolved, now RESOLVED!!!

Hah!  Got it.

Deep in the heart of /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices, I found two files:
ifcfg-wlan0, and keys-wlan0.  I made sure that ifcfg-wlan0 had the right
entry for my WAP under ESSID; then in keys-wlan0, I found that the line for
KEY= was blank.  I put in my encryption key, reactivated wlan0 and
deactivated eth0 (and even unplugged the cable), restarted networking, and
even rebooted for the hell of it.  SUCCESS!

That was the longest eight hours I've ever spent trying to get a wireless card
working under Linux.  But now I'm finally MS free on my new laptop (well,
mostly; still using a Windows driver for my wireless under ndiswrapper, of
course, but what the hell).

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford@xxxxxxxxxxxx)