RE: Top Posting and company disclaimer

>> The information contained in this e-mail including any attachments
may constitute blah blah blah
>> If you are neither the intended recipient of this e-mail nor
responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, note
that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or retention of this
e-mail is prohibited.

>Funny, your disclaimer is longer than your message... and doesn't seem
>to make much sense. Also mail signatures should be separated from the

  You are correct about the disclaimer:  I have tried numerous times to
have my email admin remove the disclaimer under certain circumstances,
such as posting to lists, but without success.  It seems that the
combination of our Spam filter and Exchange server do not allow the
selective application of the signature, its all or nothing, an nothing
is not acceptable in our litigious society and our in-house counsel.  If
the recipient is outside of our domain, the sig is appended regardless.
So that limits my choice to either NOT using the list as a resource at
work (which I need), or using my home account for the list, which I
would rather not do as it is not a flexible or available.  Being mostly
a lurker, you don't hear from me very often.

 As for the signature not making sense; It makes perfect sense from the
perspective of a lawyer specializing in intellectual property,
electronic communication, and patents.  As for regular human beings? You
decide.

  That said, I still think that top posting is a timesaver when
following a thread.  Just my opinion.
--

David
Registered Linux User 383030 (since everyone else was doing it 8-)