RE: DAG Repos

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Mark Haney wrote:

The best source for Java for FC is jpackage.org.  A bit of a learning
curve, but it generally works much better than the Sun RPMs.

I've added a layer of '>''s to mark the part of your message that was a quote of my message. If you could configure your mail client to quote messages in a similar way, that would help readability.

Does the jpackage version work with Firefox in FC3?

The jpackage Java RPMs require that you grab the Sun (or other) compiler as a tarball and the jpackage nosource RPM, then build the RPMs yourself. The instructions are on the jpackage.org site.

I'm using (slightly older, slightly modified) jpackage Sun RPMs with Sun's 1.5.0_01 source, and they are working fine.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu