sound broken on FC3

I had this working after I installed this box.

I tried to play an audio CD and couldn’t get that working.  In the process I seem to have trashed something, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out what.

I have removed the device from FC3 and re-added it via kudzu.  I’ve been playing with gnome-mixer and alsa and still have gotten nowhere.

My sound card is a creative labs Audigy.

Is there a way I can reset all sound settings back to their original defaults so that I can at least get system and application sounds?

Paul C.