Mysqli and PHP5

I have been working with a fedora core 4 test1 box and trying to build
PHP5 with mysqli support.

I have installed the source rpm and edited the SPEC file for it.  In the
configure section I added the needed lines to compile PHP with the
mysqli support, but when I install the resulting RPMs they don't contain
any of the mysqli files (mainly mysqli.so)

What else do I need to do so that I can get this support into the RPM?

--
Brent Norris (http://brentnorris.net)
Assistant Technology Coordinator, Edmonson County Schools