Re: -s /tftpboot path in xinetd.d/tftp file

> As far as I have my system configured this is what's in my tftp config :
> service tftp
> {
>         disable = no
>         socket_type             = dgram
>         protocol                = udp
>         wait                    = yes
>         user                    = root
>         server                  = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
>         server_args             = -s /tftpboot
>         per_source              = 11
>         cps                     = 100 2
>         flags                   = IPv4
> }
>

> Watch the server type. it is different as yours and more likely to be used
> .
> I'm running FC3
>
> HTH
> Edwin

PS you should have tftp-server rpm installed.
My guess is that you only have the tftp client package installed which
indeed uses /usr/bin/tftp and this is not the network tftp services
daemon.
tftp is kind of chewen out and should work on almost any system.