Xwindows problem

Title: Xwindows problem

I have just installed FC3 on an old Compaq Proliant 1600.
GUI installation worked fine but after the re-boot to start it up for the first time the
machine seemed to hang with a black screen, mouse pointer ok and responding to
mouse movements but nothing else.
Changed to start in run level 3 and all appears OK.
If I try startx I just get an unresponsive black screen. The output from startx is:

Does anyone have any clues ?

David Whitsed
Manager, Computer Services
Cooper Hand Tools