Re: USB optical mouse keeps dying - Solved - sort of

Jan Morales wrote:

This sounds a bit like the issue I reported, except without the KVM in my case. Were you seeing error messages similar to this in dmesg?

drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: input irq status -84 received

Maybe this isn't a KVM issue, but a USB mouse driver issue. My bug report is 150746 in bugzilla.

Jan

Sorry, Jan, but you're way ahead of me. I'm pretty new to Linux and haven't learned the dmesg command or how to use it. What does the KVM have to do with it, by the way; I never said anything about a KVM - on this particular machine, there is no KVM - the mouse is plugged right in to computer.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA