Re: yum - problem with dependencies

Timothy Murphy wrote:

Thanks for your response.
I'm running FC-3 with kernel-2.6.11
(I have tried the latest Fedora update kernel, but that does not affect matters.)

The only explanation I can see for this problem
is that yum is not just looking for this particular library,
it is looking for a specific rpm containing the library.

But if that is so, why does yum not tell me?

I find yum generally an extremely useful application;
but when it does not work it is very difficult to correct.
Assuming I am right in my conclusion above,
I would like yum to give me much more information
than just "Missing dep".

Timothy,
As the rpm's cannot 'see' the libs run "ldconf" to check your link library.

     david