Re: Looking for a software recomendation for FC3

Tim Holmes wrote:

A few questions:

1) What camera do you have? (brand and model)
2) Do you have a flashcard reader installed?
3) Are you aiming to do this via console or with a GUI app?

[Tim Holmes wrote]

Arthur:

I have a Nikon D70 Camera, but prefer to use it in USB mass storage

mode

due to speed considerations.

My Card Reader is a PCMCIA card reader that is easily read by the FC3

OS

already

My preference would be to have a gui, but if the command line is easy
and intuitive, and can do that too -- for example, I need to be able

do this while shooting a sporting event, as I routinely shoot 600+
pictures in the course of one basketball game

ok cool....

... I'm assuming that you can download the picture directly from the
flashcard, or inderictly through camera as a usb drive?

Also, what desktop environment are you using? (gnome or kde)