Re: Fork bombing a Linux machine as a non-root user

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:08:11 -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic
<amilivojevic@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I like the Linux.  And I like it a lot.  But it is not "rock solid"
> operating system.  Linux is designed to give high numbers in benchmark
> tests in laboratory controlled environment.  Linux is doing great in
> this area.  Linux is not designed to be rock stable in real world
> applications.

Aleksander, can you please name some mainstream commerical Unix
operating systems that are designed to be "rock stable in real world
applications" using the criteria you've outlined? (Those criteria
seeming to be kernel level process starvation protection that's
"always on" and "intelligent").

--
Chris

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.  Set
a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."  -- Unknown