Re: AMD Athlon64 qool'n quiet - how?

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 12:33 +0100, Zoltan Kota wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an AMD Athlon64 3200+ machine with Fedora Core 3 (x86_64). How
> can I exploit the qool'n quiet feature of the processor? It doesn't
> seem to decrease the speed. cpuspeed runs and the processor is
> recognized as I see in /var/log/messages. (Although there are some
> warning messages as well: "powernow-k8: vid trans failed, vid 0x3,
> curr 0x4").
> Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum

You enable/disable Cool'n'Quit in the BIOS (see Cell Menu) but you need
software to control it. For Windoze MSI has developed DigiCell that does
it (see chapter 4 of your hardware manual). You should have it on CD
from the box you got with the mobo. I have no information about a
similar Linux piece of software. I doubt it exists but a search on
google revealed the following url: http://kerneltrap.org/node/2894 you
may start looking there and please report if you find something of
interest :)

--
Regards,
Erik P. Olsen