Re: What is the best "Real Modem fof Linux" to buy

Kumara wrote:
Hi all,
I am going to buy a modem. before that I appreciate your comments on this.
what would be the most suitable modem for FC3? (for serial Interface). what
is the brand and model. (Furthermore, I have an idea to experiment an
answering machine on it.) How is US Robotics?

When I used modems I always liked USR external... they were (are?) real work horses.

I have a Courier V.Everything, but I only use it for logging incoming phone calls now (it has caller id capability)

If you want to use it for an answering machine app, check out the voice capability of the modem, and you may want to get an internal modem instead of external. (But try to avoid the "winmodems"... some of the function is performed in software by the host computer.

Don Russell