RE: booting an intel 815 fc3 without monitor

john, thanks!!!

i had misplaced the email...

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jonathan Berry
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 12:38 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: booting an intel 815 fc3 without monitor

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:50:12 -0800, bruce <bedouglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> so....
>
> just how do i boot into runlevel 3... is there something i should add to
the
> grub.conf file... where can i find exact instructions!!
>
> thanks.
>
> bruce

If you look really close at my last email, I told you how :).  Just
stick " 3" at the end of the kernel line in your grub.conf.  Press 'a'
at the boot prompt to edit the kernel line for that one boot, or add
it to your grub.conf (make sure your monitor isn't plugged in when you
actually boot :)).  Or you can edit the /etc/inittab file if you want
to make it permanent.  Change the line:
id:5:initdefault:
to be
id:3:initdefault: